A Comprehensive Plan for the Development of Mining and Metallurgy in 2014-2018.
The program of industrial development of the country for the period 2015-2019 also identifies ferrous and nonferrous metallurgy as priority sectors of the country’s industry.
At the same time, solution of key issues in the industry with respect to generation of high-quality and long-term resource base of the mining-and-metallurgical integrated works is implemented within the Comprehensive Plan for the Development of Mining and Metallurgy in 2014-2018, which was approved on instructions from the Head of the State.
The plan provides for 31 investment projects worth more than USD 7 billion that will be implemented during 2014-2018 by means of own and borrowed funds of subsoil users.
To date, 4 projects have already been implemented:
- A project on development of ore bodies at the lower levels of the Tishinsk captive mine (Kazzinc LLP)
- A project on construction of a gold processing plant with a capacity of 2.4 tons of cathode gold per year (JSC “AK Altynalmas”)
- A project on construction of Taskara gold processing plant (Taskara LLP)
- A project on extraction and processing of up to 450 thousand tons of ore per year for production of Dore gold at Zhetikara (Brendt LLP).
The volume of investment for these projects in 2014-2015 amounted to approximately USD 122 million.
I have already reported on the most important projects of the Plan during the 5th AMM Congress; today, I would like further to inform on the progress of these projects:
- Construction of Aktogay Mining and Concentration Complex
Reserves are 5.8 million tons of copper and 115 thousand tons of molybdenum, which will ensure activity of the company for 50 years at an average annual production volume of:
- 15 thousand tons of copper from oxide ore per year (for the first 11 years);
- 90 thousand tons of copper expressed as cathode equivalent from sulfide ore (for the first 10 years);
Every year, processing of 25 million tons of ore (sulfide ore) is planned. The investment will constitute USD 2.3 billion and 1,500 jobs will be generated.
In 2014, construction of the basic infrastructure has been completed. The first volumes of oxide-ore copper are planned for the end of 2015.
- Construction of Bozshakol Mining and Concentration Complex with a capacity of 100 thousand tons of copper concentrate per year to be commissioned in 2015
Ore processing: 30 million tons per year
Operation period: More than 40 years
Commissioning: Q4 2015
Stocks of copper: 4.2 million tons with the content of 0.36 pct.
Total resources of by-product metal: 5.26 million ounces of gold and 57 thousand tons of molybdenum
Estimated number of employees during the operational phase: 1,500 employees.
Annual production for the first 10 years: 100 tons
Amount of investments: USD 2.2 billion
- Upgrading of the development technology of the Zhezkazgan group of mining deposits;
- Development of Shalkiya polymetallic ore deposits: 4 million tons of ore per year;
- Development of Alaigyr polymetallic ore deposit: 1 million tons of ore per year;
- Development of Masalskoe iron ore deposits: 10 million tons of ore per year;
As well as nine projects in the gold-mining sector.
- processing of gold ore at Yubileynoe deposits and a mine with an output of 5 million tons of ore (6.0 thousand tons of cathode gold) (Yubileynoe LLP);
- construction of a factory with a capacity of 2.4 tons of cathode gold per year (JSC “AK Altynalmas”);
- construction of Taskara gold processing plant (Taskara LLP);
- construction of a metallurgical complex and development of an underground mine with a capacity of 1.5 million tons per year in the Bakyrchik deposit (Bakyrchik Mining Enterprise LLP);
- development of gold and lead ores in Mayatas territory with a production capacity of gold-bearing ore of 150 thousand tons per year (during the first phase) and lead ore of 500 thousand tons per year (during the first phase) (Mayatas LLP);
- experimental and industrial extraction and processing of up to 450 thousand tons of ore for manufacture of finished products (Dore gold) in Zhetikara district (Brendt LLP);
- increase in the volumes of ore processing and the amount of production at a gold-processing factory owned by Altyn-Ken Bayytu LLP with a production capacity of 2.0 million tons of ore per year;
- construction of a gold ore processing factory with a production capacity of 500 thousand tons per year (Golden Compass Capital JSC);
- construction of a gold extraction processing plant with a capacity of 2.5 million tons of ore at Komarovsky deposits in Kostanai region (Orion Minerals LLP).
Report of A.P. Rau, the Vice Minister of Investment and Development, at the 6th AMM Mining and Metallurgical Congress (2015).
- Hits: 8053