HIGH-WEAR-RESISTANT SLURRY PUMPS AND SPECIALIZED ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS FOR THE MINING INDUSTRY
Uninterrupted equipment operation in the mining industry is a critical aspect that demands the use of reliable and high-quality technical solutions. Even minor disruptions in material transportation processes can lead to significant production line downtime, increasing operational costs. Habermann Aurum Pumpen's pumps are specially designed for efficient operation in the extreme conditions of the mining industry.
Our range of pumps includes:
- HPK series pumps, designed for extreme wear applications, boast a durable and replaceable inner lining of elastic materials special polyurethan APFlex® or an optional non composite CeramCarbide® coating, which is as hard a diamond, ensuring resistance to harsh chemicals and easing maintenance through an optimized casing design.
- NPW series are heavy-duty, single stage metallic centrifugal pumps with easy replacement of wear parts and an adjustable clearance on the suction side.
- RPL with protective metallic finish are designed for light to medium wear applications with low content of soft and solid particles, such as wastewater and coal pulp processing.
- KB series heavy-duty metallic centrifugal slurry pumps excel in high-wear applications, making them ideal for gravel extraction and coarse material handling.
- Challenger® and Heracles® series are flexible designs that were specifically developed for heavy duty applications. These robust pumps are typically used in mining, extraction of fine sand, sludge dumps, drainage of dams and dredging lakes, ponds, and rivers. Their design features directly flanged connection with submersible motor for wet installations. The pumps are made of highly wear and corrosion resistant materials, which ensures their exceptional reliability and makes them less sensitive to cavitation. Heracles® can be optionally coupled with electric or hydraulic motor.
Advanced Engineering Solutions
Beyond standalone pump units, Habermann Aurum also offers sophisticated engineering solutions like floating pump stations, where the pumps are installed on pontoons, allowing them to adjust to water level changes, ensuring efficient operation. Adapting to varied operational conditions, they can be easily set up on any water surface. Another special solution for the extractive industry has been developed where collected groundwater and surface water are directed into a specially designed roll-off container. Inside this container, two vertical pumps are arranged. Their redundant setup ensures smooth and continuous operation, guaranteeing that work processes continue unhindered, even in case of pump malfunction or heavy rain.
Valves for Severe Operating Conditions
Our valves play a crucial role in comprehensive solutions for the mining industry, particularly in fluid transportation lines with solid particles and abrasive liquids commonly used in the chemical industry. Our range of valve types includes:
- Pinch valves series SGV (Open body type): Economic, designed to significantly reduce industrial maintenance costs. Instead of several hours, it will take you several minutes to change the sleeve. They are excellent for streams containing solids such as sewage, slurry, mine tailings, pulp, etc.
- Knife valves series SLK: Specially designed for hard operating conditions. They are able to withstand high pressure and abrasive slurries in the mining, steel, power, chemical, municipal slurry, biofuel and paper industries. They are ideal for isolating high-pressure and high-density slurry lines, ensuring reliability at pressures up to 50 bar.
Knife valves series SKV: With uniform lining, designed for two-position applications, handling abrasive suspensions and dry abrasive materials in the mining, chemical, and food industries.
Praxis Example from the Mining Sector
Our commitment is evident in creations tailored for extreme wear environments and resistant to aggressive chemical substances. One of our successes materializes within an underground mine in Belgium, where our heavy duty RPL and NPK pumps are used to propel saline brine. When high pressures are required, as is the case in this mine, the RPL pumps are applied (H = 90 m). In this mine, the RPL pumps are used to pump the saline brine at a delivery head of 90 bar. The medium is furthermore pumped by our NPK pumps which are in his case installed in series. Each of these pumps operate at a delivery head of 60 m. These Habermann pumps have been running successfully without interruption since their installation in 2006.
For more information about the company, please visit our website.
Visit us at Stand 10-136 in Pavilion 10.
Your entry ticket can be found here.
- Hits: 160